Weight of Retrenchment

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 Posted by Pransy

Hi

How was your day?
I know I am beginning this post when I should actually be ready for another days post , but had a hectic day @ office.
A lot is happening these days , as you all know - our company too is planning to reduce some manpower & I being in HR need to start planning.
The whole retrenchment thing is such an emotional decision , which needs to be planned & executed as finely as a surgeon removes a part of the body... The whole thing leaves scars...
Its so difficult to decide who should be sent home - the person who has joined you recently with stars in his eyes, the one you hired specifically for his potential or the loyalists who are about to end their journey with you , but whose responsibility to the family is still not over...How do you define performance & non-performance in these turbulant times , when last year each employee overachieved the target...
The people I will be letting go off are my friends & colleagues - it pains to even think about it...
Sorry guys but needed to vent out the pain I am feeling.

Now about yesterday
Breakfast : 2 Marie biscuits , 1/2 cup tea
Mid Morning : 5 chakli
Lunch : 1 glass buttermilk (have added the recipe), 1 plate sabudana khichdi , 1 bowl curd
Dinner : Grilled Tomatoes & 2 slices brown bread.

Gratitude Journal
The retrenchment has not actually started
Economy is stabilizing
Markets are rising
My parents for their support
My friend

Meditation Journal
Meditated for 30 minutes yesterday ( that reminds me to put a simple meditation technique , you may use - will do it this week)

Take care....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin